Simulation Instructor Training
The UCLA Simulation Instructor Training course is a two day course for those who would like to learn more about teaching with high fidelity scenario-based simulation. The course objectives are to explore the key elements/theories behind simulation-based education and instruction, practice effective debriefing techniques, and develop and pilot a simulation scenario. This course emphasizes the role of the simulation instructor as a facilitator and does not focus on technical aspects such as software programming or simulator troubleshooting.
For course fee and registration information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (310) 267-2114.
Day 1 (8am - 5pm)
- Team scenario and debriefing
- Educational theories / cognitive errors
- Debriefing principles and practice
- Scenario development overview
Day 2 (8am - 5pm)
- Breakfast/Tech Talk (contingency planning)
- Scenario development in groups
- Lunch/Scenario programming
- Pilot and debrief scenario 1
- Pilot and debrief scenario 2
- Faculty development resources/Q&A
- Wrap up and feedback